Only one more week until I go home! Yayyy!
14 December 2011
Only one more week until I go home! Yayyy!
Posted by Erin Masi at 10:11 PM
12 December 2011
Funny. Thanks fortune cookie-I am well aware of this fact right now.
In other news, my doctor gave me the OK to run my last race to qualify for the NYRR 9+1 program for the New York Marathon next year before giving me the dreaded boot (Dec 21-mark your calendars). So while I won't be running in Rome I will be running the NY marathon next year!! YAY!! I am excited/nervous for this last run-it's 9 miles in the park. Eeeeek. Kind of a big jump from my 5 mile run last weekend. But I will finish-regardless of whether I run, walk, or crawl.
I'm putting together a playlist of my most favorite songs for this run but am in need of some good new music...any suggestions anyone?
Posted by Erin Masi at 9:27 PM
07 December 2011
needless to say. today was a less than great day.
Posted by Erin Masi at 5:49 PM
06 December 2011
Anyways...HBBC week 2 round up:
Mon: 1 hr of power dance-4 points
Tues: 1 hr of weight lifting-3 points
Grand total: 7 points!
Posted by Erin Masi at 12:45 PM
25 November 2011
Here is my point breakdown for the first week:
HBBC button: 2 points
Race to Deliver: 4 miles (4 points)
Spin class: 40 minutes (4 points)
Prospect Park Turkey Trot: 5 miles (5 points)
Turkey bowl football game: 1 hour (4 points)
Posted by Erin Masi at 8:14 PM
11 October 2011
Friday afternoon around 3pm my manager came over and told me that I could finish what I was working on next week and take off. She didn't need to tell me twice-I was out of there in a flash. The weather was sunny and cool-perfect weather for a mid-afternoon run! I ran just 3 miles along the river and it was so wonderful!
After my run, I decided to bake. Ages and ages ago my ward did a charity auction for the tsumani relief in Japan. I auctioned off a month's worth of homemade cookies and have yet to pay up. I finally baked batch #1-Sea salt chocolate chip cookies. SO yummy! And after a week with no treats/sweets, they tasted even better!
There was an NYC singles conference going on this weekend and Friday was the opening fireside. Elder Nash spoke and it was actually really good! After the fireside, scary movie month continued with a showing of Scream. Scream is a little bit more funny than scary-to see that guy running around with that mask and that funny black outfit. I actually fell asleep half way through so we have yet to finish it!
The conference continued on Saturday with workshops and a lunch. Saturday afternoon we split up into groups and went on various excursions around the city. I was supposed to lead the Highline walking tour but they didn't need me so I joined the group heading over to the Met. We walked through the park-which was so lovely. I haven't had a leisurely park walk in a while!
|View of the Bethesda fountain!|
Posted by Erin Masi at 3:39 PM
07 October 2011
Posted by Erin Masi at 12:25 PM
06 October 2011
Posted by Erin Masi at 9:42 AM
03 October 2011
It was a really nice weekend. Slow, quiet, and relaxing. I love conference weekend. It seems like it always comes along right when I am needing it!
Went and saw Fast Five in IMAX! Ha ha ha! I got an email from AMC saying they were showing select movies in IMAX for only $7!! That is almost as cheap as a morning movie! And forget ever seeing a normal IMAX movie for this price. It was the perfect rainy Friday night activity. And who doesn't love a little bit of Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, and the Rock to start the weekend off right?
Posted by Erin Masi at 9:22 AM
30 September 2011
Posted by Erin Masi at 8:30 AM
10 August 2011
Posted by Erin Masi at 9:18 AM
04 August 2011
Posted by Erin Masi at 1:25 PM
02 August 2011
|Me and my grandmother!|
|BBQ time on the roof!|
|Our view of the fireworks over the Hudson|
|YUM! So happy to have Rio again!|
|Allison, Me, and Lara-we were lucky enough to all be in SLC at the same time for one day!|
|Daddy-Daughter golf time! Considering I hadn't golfed in about 2 years, I did pretty decent...|
|Caroline and I with our signature pose-we have 10 years worth of photos doing this same pose|
|Me and Sister on our way up Y mountain! There is a reason I only did that once in college|
|Me, Jennica, Camilla and Megan|
Posted by Erin Masi at 12:47 PM
23 June 2011
Posted by Erin Masi at 3:07 PM
25 April 2011
Posted by Erin Masi at 2:13 PM
22 April 2011
We waited in line for longer than anticipated, but we ended up getting in! YAY!! Excitment was in the air the rest of the afternoon as we anxiously awaited Elton time!! They showed the movie outside by the water.Thankfully it was not raining but it was colder than cold, and I was unprepared to spend an entire evening outside so I froze my face off. The movie was interesting- it talked about Elton and Leon Russell (who I had never heard of) and their colaboration for their recent album. By the end of the movie, I was freezing and anxious for it to be over.
Posted by Erin Masi at 11:49 AM
06 April 2011
- I ran the Salt Lake 10 miler! More to come on that race...
- Went to visit my Abuelita and helped get her house ready for my Aunt Patty who is moving to UT from Colombia!
- Quick shower/conference/after race nap
- Shopping with sister! I made it out without purchasing anything. Yay me!
- Cafe Rio-definitely a must while at home
- Michael Jackson Just Dance with the fam. SO FUNNY watching the parents play
- Delicious breakfast cooked by my mamma-she made bacon. YUM.
- Conference time
- Delicious dinner cooked by my mamma (the weekend involved a lot of eating)
- Dessert night with some of my favorite Utah friends-It's always so fun to see them when I'm in town! I have such great friends-I am so lucky!
- Trip down to Provo to spend the night at sister's place. So strange to be back in Provo and back at BYU off-campus housing. What?!? This entire building is just full of girls? Strange.
- Paid a visit to my old favorite spin class!! It was so great-and totally worth waking up at 5am for. Camilla posted a great summary of Todd's spin class on her blog here.
- Ran errands with Mamma
- Trip #2 to Cafe Rio. Still so delicious.
- Nap time!
- Deloitte Final Four event at Sundance (the reason I got to go to UT in the first place)-It was so funny to be on the other side of the whole recruiting thing. I saw a lot of old accounting friends, BYU professors, and even the people who interviewed me for my internship at Deloitte!
- Back to SLC to pack and rush to the airport. Made it just in time to get in line to get on the plane.
- Bumpiest, most turbulent plane ride ever. And on the landing we hit the ground so hard I thought we had crash landed (my judgement may have been impaired in my sleepy state...)
Posted by Erin Masi at 3:41 PM
05 April 2011
It felt so great to finish!! It was barely faster than my slowest half time but I felt really great at the end as opposed to feeing like I was going to die like I have in my other races. I had a great time running and it was so fun to have so many friendly faces along the way! I have such fantastic friends!! I got my foil blanket thing and my medal (the most important part) and met up with Anita, Julia, Jen, Russ and Eric. We all made our way over to the WFC to meet up with the fam and then headed towards the subway.
Friends all made their way to church/naptime and me and the fam went to brunch at Good. I had my traditional after race tacos and my much anticipated Diet Coke (I had given up all carbonation and candy for the 2.5 months before the race)! All-in-all it was a great race and I had a good time!! Can't wait to run another!
Posted by Erin Masi at 9:37 PM
01 April 2011
23 March 2011
Posted by Erin Masi at 9:08 PM
16 March 2011
The next couple of days will be spent pumping myself up for Sunday, creating a fantastic race day playlist, and dreaming of that diet coke I'm going to drink when I finish. Ha.
Posted by Erin Masi at 8:44 PM
Posted by Erin Masi at 1:21 PM
14 March 2011
Happy Pi Day! I didn't realize it was Pi day the end of the day. So I did nothing to celebrate. No pie eating. No thinking about Pi. Nothing. Oops. There's always next year I suppose.
I have been reading people blog about their pies they made today in honor of Pi. I think these are my favorite. How cute are mini pot pies?!? Everything on that blog looks so delicious-I can't wait to try some of the recipes!
Posted by Erin Masi at 9:02 PM
13 March 2011
Posted by Erin Masi at 10:24 PM
27 February 2011
Check them out in our Iceland facebook album...
Posted by Erin Masi at 10:14 PM
09 January 2011
I love New Year! I love New Years Eve-counting down to ring in the New Year. I love the chance to examine my life and set new goals. Unfortunately, last year, I did not do a very good job with any of my New Years Resolutions. I think part of the problem was I wrote them in a spreadsheet (yes, I may or may not have a spreadsheet entitled "my life according to a spreadsheet"-I am a nerdy accountant) and then kind of forgot about them.
This year I have a renewed energy for making and keeping my resolutions. I made eleven resolutions to celebrate 2011. (PS-my birthday is 1.11.11-kind of cool right?)
I thought I'd share some of my favorite resolutions...
- Run 750 miles this year: I have been reading a handful of running blogs and they've inspired me. Once upon a time, I enjoyed running. I think it took about 2 months of training for my first half marathon before I actually enjoyed it, but I did start to love it. I kind of fell off the running band wagon after moving here, but I really want to climb back on. I'm two weeks into my NYC Half training and have to keep reminding myself that it took a few months to get into running again. I think it will be fun to have the goal of 750 miles to work towards and keep me motivated!
- Cook at least one new recipe a month: I love to cook and definitely don't do as much of it as I would like in my bite size kitchen. I want to expand my cooking repertoire and learn some fun, delicious new recipes!
- Read one book a month: I need to read more. End of story.
- Hand write in my journal at least once a week
- Send more letters, birthday cards, thank you notes, etc.: who doesn't love getting actual, hand written mail right??
Posted by Erin Masi at 4:56 PM