06 April 2011

Weekend Recap

I had a wonderful, busy weekend at home (one in which I took zero photos. oops). Thanks Deloitte for sponsoring my trip!! Let me just say that I hate flying. I hate sitting in those seats and watching the airplane on the map creep across the country slower than slow. I get too antsy to read, to bored to watch TV. So I end up just sitting there, wishing I could fall asleep, or urging the plane to go faster. To top things off, on this flight I was sitting in the row in front of the exit row which meant my seat did not recline! Ah! I survived the flight and got into UT around 11.

Saturday:
  • I ran the Salt Lake 10 miler! More to come on that race...
  • Went to visit my Abuelita and helped get her house ready for my Aunt Patty who is moving to UT from Colombia!
  • Quick shower/conference/after race nap
  • Shopping with sister! I made it out without purchasing anything. Yay me!
  • Cafe Rio-definitely a must while at home
  • Michael Jackson Just Dance with the fam. SO FUNNY watching the parents play
Sunday:
  • Delicious breakfast cooked by my mamma-she made bacon. YUM.
  • Conference time
  • Delicious dinner cooked by my mamma (the weekend involved a lot of eating)
  • Dessert night with some of my favorite Utah friends-It's always so fun to see them when I'm in town! I have such great friends-I am so lucky!
  • Trip down to Provo to spend the night at sister's place. So strange to be back in Provo and back at BYU off-campus housing. What?!? This entire building is just full of girls? Strange.
Monday:
  • Paid a visit to my old favorite spin class!! It was so great-and totally worth waking up at 5am for. Camilla posted a great summary of Todd's spin class on her blog here.
  • Ran errands with Mamma
  • Trip #2 to Cafe Rio. Still so delicious.
  • Nap time!
  • Deloitte Final Four event at Sundance (the reason I got to go to UT in the first place)-It was so funny to be on the other side of the whole recruiting thing. I saw a lot of old accounting friends, BYU professors, and even the people who interviewed me for my internship at Deloitte!
  • Back to SLC to pack and rush to the airport. Made it just in time to get in line to get on the plane.
  • Bumpiest, most turbulent plane ride ever. And on the landing we hit the ground so hard I thought we had crash landed (my judgement may have been impaired in my sleepy state...)
It was a really great couple days at home! I only wish that I had been able to be there longer!!

3 comments:

Kevin and Kerry said...

Wow, it sounds like you are doing so much right now!! Congrats on all those races...you are looking really good!! Tell your family hello for me. I am jealous you got to visit UT!!!

alli said...

Hooray for weekend in UT! I want to see your parents dance to MJ :) That is awesome. We're finally heading back to UT this summer too--July. Hopefully you'll have to be around too...if not, we'll plan another trip!

movingluggage said...

Oh nice! You get to do the Final Four thing now! Do you get an internal conflict when a student asks you, "Do you like working at Deloitte?"