I love New Year! I love New Years Eve-counting down to ring in the New Year. I love the chance to examine my life and set new goals. Unfortunately, last year, I did not do a very good job with any of my New Years Resolutions. I think part of the problem was I wrote them in a spreadsheet (yes, I may or may not have a spreadsheet entitled "my life according to a spreadsheet"-I am a nerdy accountant) and then kind of forgot about them.
This year I have a renewed energy for making and keeping my resolutions. I made eleven resolutions to celebrate 2011. (PS-my birthday is 1.11.11-kind of cool right?)
I thought I'd share some of my favorite resolutions...
- Run 750 miles this year: I have been reading a handful of running blogs and they've inspired me. Once upon a time, I enjoyed running. I think it took about 2 months of training for my first half marathon before I actually enjoyed it, but I did start to love it. I kind of fell off the running band wagon after moving here, but I really want to climb back on. I'm two weeks into my NYC Half training and have to keep reminding myself that it took a few months to get into running again. I think it will be fun to have the goal of 750 miles to work towards and keep me motivated!
- Cook at least one new recipe a month: I love to cook and definitely don't do as much of it as I would like in my bite size kitchen. I want to expand my cooking repertoire and learn some fun, delicious new recipes!
- Read one book a month: I need to read more. End of story.
- Hand write in my journal at least once a week
- Send more letters, birthday cards, thank you notes, etc.: who doesn't love getting actual, hand written mail right??