It was a really lovely weekend. Low key. Relaxing. Lots of time with some of my favorite friends. Why do the weekends always go by so fast?!?
- Went back to PT!! Apparently it's a strange thing for people to like physical therapy so much, but I kind of love it. I'm so excited that my foot is healed enough to be able to go back. I'm excited to get stronger and get ready to train for the NY Marathon!!!! We did a lot of calf exercises-my right calf is significantly smaller than my left now due to the 5 weeks in the boot. I was SO sore the rest of the weekend. But good sore. I'm happy to be getting back in the game!
- Had dinner at Shake Shack-always delicious
- Went and saw The Woman in Black with a bunch of friends. Daniel Radcliffe will always be Harry Potter to me. Parts of the movie I thought, just take out your wand and do a spell! Poor kid. It was a good movie-definitely a jumpy one. It's been a while since I saw a movie in the theater so it was a good time.
- Spent a couple of hours just lounging in my bed. I love my bed so much.
- Went to brunch with Ashley at one of our favorite brunch spots, Cafe Ronda. We discovered it one Saturday while we were walking down Columbus looking for a new place to brunch. It's now a staple in my brunch rotation. It was fun to chat and catch up. And of course the eggs benedict were delish.
- Worked. But I worked from home which is infinitely better than having to go to the office.
- Went to dinner with everyone for Anita's birthday. We went for Thai and the food was so yummy (apparently that's the highlight of the weekend...eating). Then we went to Brad's house to surprise Anita with cake and ice cream. It was a fun night with my dear friends.
- More morningtime lounging in my bed before church
- Did my taxes-I am a nerd and kind of love doing my taxes
- Churchy church time. Meetings were good and I got released from my nightmare calling!! I was not nervous to get a new one because any calling would be less scary for me than teaching Sunday school. It was a good experience. I learned a lot. I am SO happy to be released.
- Superbowl time at the boys house!! I love Superbowl Sunday. Not so much for the football (my friends can vouch that I know next to nothing about football) but for the party-ness of it. I loved the Madonna halftime show. One of the better halftime shows that I've seen. And I loved that my Giants won! Can't wait for the parade tomorrow!!!
It was a good weekend!! 4 more days until the next one....