18 August 2014

Weekend update: 8.17.2014

**I still need to add picture but I haven't put them on my computer yet! Eeek!

Friday
Friday was a lovely low-key evening. We had a yummy dinner with Jeremy’s family. We tried to eat outside but the bees came and attacked us so we had to take it inside. Then we just hung out at his parent’s house. I saw a bunch of Jeremy’s baby photos which was so fun and we did an “I Spy” book together.  

Saturday
Saturday was lovely! Jeremy and I trekked down to Utah County to go hike to the Timpanogos caves! One of my 30 by 30 goals is to hike 30 miles and I’m doing rather poorly. The hike was fun but goodness gracious that thing is HARD! It’s not like it’s that far but it’s so so steep. And turns out I’m in awful hiking shape. Whoops.

The hike up made me wonder why on earth I chose hiking as one of my goals. But the caves at the top were worth it! It was really cool to go see inside and see all of the different rooms. It’s crazy to think how long it takes for those formations to form and grow. It was fun to walk around in the cave and explore!

After the hike back down and some souvenir shopping we stopped at JDawgs on the way back for lunch. Jeremy had never been before so it was fun to introduce him to one of my Provo favorites!!

Saturday afternoon I went to a bridal shower for my friend Kassidy.  It was held in a park and her friends that threw it did such a cute job decorating!! They decorated with succulents and old time-y looking books. Such a fun idea!  We even got to take a succulent home! Fingers crossed I don’t kill it….

After the bridal shower, Jeremy and I had planned to go to the Ferragosto festival that was being held in Sugarhouse. I was super excited for a fun Italian festival but sadly it turned out to be pretty lame. Boo. There wasn’t really much to see or do, and the food didn’t look that great. We were both rather disappointed. So instead we ended up getting pizza and watching Suits! Even though the festival was a bust, it was a fun, relaxing night!

Sunday
Sunday was a less than lovely day. I had the worst headache most of the day. Thankfully though, it was not a migraine. Basically I lounged around all day-trying anything and everything I could think of to get rid of the dumb thing. Drugs, more drugs, Epsom salt bath, Menthol rub on my temples, Coke and Advil. Anyone out there have any great headache remedies?! Send them my way please!!

It somewhat eased up in the evening so I crashed my parents Empty Nester dinner club and had dinner with them and then went to visit Jeremy for a minute. It’s so great having him live so close!!!

Up Ahead

The week should be a good one! Ladies Dinner Out, Junior League committee meeting, Jeremy time, gym time, and our work summer party!! YAY!

0 comments: