10 February 2013

2013 Goals: January check-in


This month was off to a slow start. I feel like all the snowstorms made me want to do nothing but curl up in my bed!! At least January is over-which means we’re one month closer to Spring!!!!!!

The accountant in me loves spreadsheets so of course I spreadsheeted (yes, that is a word) all my goals and made timelines to finish each one. Here is where I stand after January:
  • Goal 2. Right on track to finish L’Alchimista by the end of the year
  • Goal 3. I sent 5 pieces of mail
  • Goal 6. I’ve broken up my goal to run a marathon into several mini-goals, the first one being to run the NYC Half Marathon!! Training has not been going great though. The snow+being sick+hurting my back=very limited training. I’m hoping that the fact that I’ll be running at sea level will help make up for my incredibly mediocre training…




  • Goal 8. I actually finished 2 books in January!! I finished our book club book, Night Circus, which I LOVED! And I read the book Room. Both really great books! And this makes 2 months in a row that I’ve finished our book club book!



  • Goal 9. My vacation plans are still in the works, but for now I’m focusing on saving monies!
  • Goal 11. Caroline and I are making chevron quilts together. Crafting is much more fun when you have a friend doing it with you! We made the trip to the fabric store and bought all the fabric we need for our quilts! I’m excited-they’re going to be super cute!!! I decided to go with a yellow theme and Caroline is going with a blue and brown theme.

  • Goal 13. I’m still working on getting into the habit of writing in a journal every night. Anyone have any helpful suggestions??
  • Goal 14. I went through the Gourmet cookbook and picked out about 50 recipes that I want to try. Sadly, I didn’t actually make any this month.






1 comments:

alli said...

The daily journal thing can be hard. I have changed what I write from "what I did today" (which gets really boring to write and read) to making a goal to write just one short thing that had an impact on my day: something someone said/did, service I completed, inspiration I followed, etc. It's much more appealing to write when it's short and meaningful. Every once-and-awhile I'll take more time to give a 'run down' of my life in categories (ie church, work, family, etc.). The summary is nice to write, but I don't do it too often.