21 February 2013
Posted by Erin Masi at 2:04 PM
19 February 2013
Posted by Erin Masi at 11:30 AM
10 February 2013
This month was off to a slow start. I feel like all the snowstorms made me want to do nothing but curl up in my bed!! At least January is over-which means we’re one month closer to Spring!!!!!!
The accountant in me loves spreadsheets so of course I spreadsheeted (yes, that is a word) all my goals and made timelines to finish each one. Here is where I stand after January:
- Goal 2. Right on track to finish L’Alchimista by the end of the year
- Goal 3. I sent 5 pieces of mail
- Goal 6. I’ve broken up my goal to run a marathon into several mini-goals, the first one being to run the NYC Half Marathon!! Training has not been going great though. The snow+being sick+hurting my back=very limited training. I’m hoping that the fact that I’ll be running at sea level will help make up for my incredibly mediocre training…
- Goal 8. I actually finished 2 books in January!! I finished our book club book, Night Circus, which I LOVED! And I read the book Room. Both really great books! And this makes 2 months in a row that I’ve finished our book club book!
- Goal 9. My vacation plans are still in the works, but for now I’m focusing on saving monies!
- Goal 11. Caroline and I are making chevron quilts together. Crafting is much more fun when you have a friend doing it with you! We made the trip to the fabric store and bought all the fabric we need for our quilts! I’m excited-they’re going to be super cute!!! I decided to go with a yellow theme and Caroline is going with a blue and brown theme.
- Goal 13. I’m still working on getting into the habit of writing in a journal every night. Anyone have any helpful suggestions??
- Goal 14. I went through the Gourmet cookbook and picked out about 50 recipes that I want to try. Sadly, I didn’t actually make any this month.
Posted by Erin Masi at 11:07 PM
03 February 2013
- Be able to do the splits on both sides (inspired by watching Dance Moms...)
- Read The Alchemist in Italian
- Send 100 pieces of mail
- Become a certified spin teacher
- Attend the temple at least 12 times
- Run the NYC marathon
- Complete a triathlon (most likely a sprint triathlon)
- Read 12 books and the Book of Mormon
- Go on an exotic vacation
- Improve my financial situation
- Make a chevron quilt
- Win a match in a tennis tournament
- Keep a gratitude journal
- Cook 50 new recipes from the Gourmet magazine cookbook
Posted by Erin Masi at 9:23 PM
Posted by Erin Masi at 9:09 PM