- Friday night was supposed to be a low-key night with Karen but she was super sick so instead I had a low-key night with the parents. We went to dinner with the Bosley's and then they came home and played cards. I went to watch a show and ended up falling asleep on my bed at 9. Party animal!! Turns out falling asleep at nine is not as wonderful as it sounds-I woke up wide awake at 2:30 in the morning and didn't fall back asleep until approximately 5am. UGH.
- Went to a baby shower for my friend Annie! So fun to see her and can't wait to see her little girl next month!
- Got a mani/pedi!! I finally found a great place here in SLC that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. That is one of the few things that is cheaper in NYC-beauty and salon services. Sure do miss Bonnie's Nails and my $45 mani/pedi/chair massage. Speaking of chair massages, they are non-existant here in Utah. These people have no idea what they're missing out on! This place was great-the regular pedicure comes with a hot stone massage and a salt scrub!
- Spent the afternoon getting ready for Dinner in White!
- Dinner in White was really fab. While it was not as large scale is the ones in Paris or NYC, it was still fun and it was something different to do. Me and Jennica made a delish dinner of gnocchi with pesto (made with basil from the garden), sauteed chicken, green beans, and caprese. Then for dessert we made lemon french macarons. They were a little delicate-I think that we didn't cook them long enough-but they still tasted good. It was a fun little event and hopefully next year it will be bigger and better!
- I ran into a friend that I hadn't seen since Jr. High at the Dinner in White!! He was playing in the band that they had there. It was such a fun surprise to see him and catch up!
- Church in the new building. Our stake rearranged the wards so now 4 singles wards all meet in the same building. It wasn't quite the logistical nightmare I had imagined-so that's good right?
- Made these! They turned out pretty good and were a good way to kick off fall baking! One tip-if you make them, use a pastry bag to pipe in the dough. They look a lot prettier that way!
I cannot get over the untucking business. We all look so terrible. I suppose it will look good on camera or something? I couldn't bear to leave the house with my shirt untucked so I did a little bit of improvising until I got to rehearsal...